Supply Chain Manager
Location: Escondido, California USA
Employment Duration: Full Time
The Supply Chain Manager (SCM), is a leadership role for a supply management professional of the highest caliber. The SCM must have the experience, insight and acumen to develop, manage and optimize a world class supply network to support KEVTA’s business both in the US and overseas. We are looking for a globally minded, high bandwidth individual with pre-eminent attention to detail and a relentless drive to achieve world class outcomes. The SCM acts as a supervisor to a team of procurement, materials management, receiving and warehouse management personnel and and thus is required to have an extermely diverse skillset with strong leadership, decision making, coordination, and technical knowledge.
The general role of the SCM is ensure continuous supply of parts, materials and services to support all downstream operations, to maximize the profiability of the company by minimizing supply chain cost while maximizing velocity, and to develop the skills of his/her team to help them to achieve their potential. The SCM will also oversee program risk mitigation, sourcing, supplier development, supplier performance , material replenishment and ERP improvement strategies. The SCM is also a “working” team player and is expected to be able to perform all basic transactions required to procure materials. Support of inter-departmental and corporate process improvement initiatives (Lean 6 Sigma) is also expected.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Arts or Business Administration required. Master of Science in Engineering, Supply Chain Management or Master’s in Business Administration strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience required.
- The candidate should also have strong international sourcing, demand management, inventory control, logistics and supplier development capabilities with proven experience in this area.
- Strong computer skills with expert-level ERP experience required.
- Background in Industrial Automation, Energy, Oil & Gas or Turbomachinery industries strongly preferred.
- Lean 6 Sigma green belt required, black belt strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership and decision making capability required with successful management experience strongly preferred.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal, communication, teaming skills coupled with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to write and communicate ideas clearly are absolutely essential.
- A sense of urgency and organizational skills are required to work with multiple projects simultaneously and competing project priorities.
- Personal skills include ability to work well with others, team spirit, flexibility with personal schedule to meet deadlines and support occasional business travel.
Local candidates will be given preference.
KEVTA Fire Systems offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and professional development/advancement opportunities.
KEVTA Fire Systems is an equal opportunity employer.
KEVTA Fire Systems conducts drug screens and background checks.