Supply Chain Buyer / Planner
Location: Escondido, California USA
Employment Duration: Full Time
The Supply Chain Buyer / Planner (SCBP), is an individual contributor role for a high energy professional who enjoys working in a dynamic and challenging environment. The SCBP must have the experience, insight and acumen to effectively manage supply chain performance across a diverse base of business partners. We are looking for a high bandwidth individual with attention to detail, strong computer skills and the ability to handle stress, drive continuous improvement and juggle multiple priorities effectively. This is a great role for someone wanting to learn a lot in a short time and grow their career. The SCBP handles a variety of procurement, materials management, supplier performance management and logistics management tasks and and thus is required to have a diverse skillset with strong tactical capabilities as well as excellent decision making, coordination, and some technical knowledge.
The general role of the SCBP is to plan resources and complete transactional activities required for the completion of production plan, including logistics, planning, expediting, MRP, procurement in order to support manufacturing needs. The SCBP must interface with production and external suppliers in order to schedule the delivery of raw material to meet production demand, and thus must be highly professional, level-headed and effective at influencing in time sensitive situations. The SCBP is ultimately responsible for evaluating and driving resolution on all material supply issues, and a sense of personal accountability and relentless execution is highly important. The SCBP is responsible to maintain all data related to procurement and material availability in the MRP system, including pricing, lead time, kanban bin sizing, and inventory levels, so extreme attention to detail during data entry is critical. Support of inter-departmental and corporate process improvement initiatives (Lean 6 Sigma), with heavy focus on cost and lead time reduction, is also expected.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Arts required. Bachelor of Science or Business Administration preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of directly related experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills with ERP experience required.
- Background in Industrial Automation, Energy, Oil & Gas or Turbomachinery industries preferred.
- Lean 6 Sigma green belt preferred.
- Maturity in decision making, effective time management, and stress management are keys to success and growth in this position.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal, communication, teaming skills coupled with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to write and communicate ideas clearly are absolutely essential.
- A sense of urgency and organizational skills are required to work with multiple projects simultaneously and competing project priorities.
- Personal skills include ability to work well with others, team spirit, flexibility with personal schedule to meet deadlines and support occasional business travel.
Local candidates will be given preference.
KEVTA Fire Systems offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and professional development/advancement opportunities.
KEVTA Fire Systems is an equal opportunity employer.
KEVTA Fire Systems conducts drug screens and background checks.