Location: Escondido, California USA
Employment Duration: Full Time
The Program Manager is a leadership role for a project / program / strategic account management professional with proven experience and performance. The successful candidate must have the experience, insight and acumen to ensure the success of our company in its relationship with his/her assigned customer. The Program Manager acts as a team lead for a group of design engineers and thus is required to have a skillset comprising of strong leadership, decision making, coordination, and technical knowledge. This group develops engineering solutions and provides designs for integrated fire protection packages that are customized to meet project requirements for both the Oil & Gas and Power Generation markets. Work in this group includes development and maintenance of standard designs, ensuring that designed products meet various international compliance requirement, performance-specific project design activities, using standard work practices, based on project requirements while minimizing costs and changes to pre-engineered product designs. Resolution of technical problems under tight customer and production project schedules is a must.
The General Role of the Program Manager is to make sure our customers get what they need from us, when they need it, at the highest levels of quality, and that project technical and commercial risk is effectively mitigated. The Program Manager is responsible for long term account growth as well as fulfillment of day to day needs. The Program Manager should have a comprehensive customer development and support strategy as well as a proactive risk management plan for his/her assigned account. In overseeing a Customer Resource Team, the successful candidate will oversee a team of 3-5 people tasked with the creation of accurate and timely project/product deliverables to both internal and external customers in the areas of fire detection, suppression and controls. The successful candidate must provide a high level of support, coordination, and communication to internal and external customers, suppliers and field service personnel from project inception through commissioning, as well as support Customer Support Engineers in resolving any aftermarket issues that may arise. Support of inter-departmental and corporate process improvement initiatives (Lean 6 Sigma) is also expected.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Engineering required. Master of Science in Engineering or Master’s in Business Administration strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience required.
- The candidate should also have a working knowledge of flame, gas and heat detection products, controls systems and software, special hazards fire suppression systems, turbomachinery systems, and a good understanding of the basic theory of industrial control systems applications, design, and operation including concepts of power generation, gas compressors and gas processes.
- Working knowledge of NFPA 72, 12 and 750 required. Familiarity with international onshore and marine approval requirements, including ISO 61508, EN54, VNIIPO, GOST-R/K, DNV, CCCF, Lloyd’s Register, etc a plus. Knowledge of NEC and ATEX/CENELEC area classifications and global pressure vessel code transportation requirements (DOT & TPED) is also highly desirable.
- Strong leadership and decision making capability required with successful management experience strongly preferred.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal, communication, teaming skills coupled with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to write and communicate ideas clearly are absolutely essential.
- A sense of urgency and organizational skills are required to work with multiple projects simultaneously and competing project priorities.
- Personal skills include ability to work well with others, team spirit, flexibility with personal schedule to meet deadlines and support occasional business travel.
Local candidates will be given strong preference.
KEVTA Fire Systems offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and professional development/advancement opportunities.
KEVTA Fire Systems is an equal opportunity employer.
KEVTA Fire Systems conducts drug screens and background checks.