Location: Escondido, California USA
Employment Duration: Full Time
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for mechanical and hydro-mechanical design of fire suppression systems, enclosures and ancillary equipment, working in our Customer Resource Team department. This group develops engineering solutions and provides designs for integrated fire protection packages that are customized to meet project requirements for both the Oil & Gas and Power Generation markets. Work in this group includes development and maintenance of standard designs, ensuring that designed products meet various international compliance requirement, performance-specific project design activities, using standard work practices, based on project requirements while minimizing costs and changes to pre-engineered product designs. Resolution of technical problems under tight customer and production project schedules is a must.
The successful candidate will support the creation of accurate and timely project/product deliverables to both internal and external customers in the areas of fire detection, suppression and controls. Duties may include the engineering of CO2 and fine water mist fire suppression skids and cabinets creation of bills of materials and drawings to support production and customer needs and ensure compliance of the product/project to international codes. The successful candidate must provide a high level of support, coordination, and communication to internal and external customers, suppliers and field service personnel from project inception through commissioning, as well as support Customer Support Engineers in resolving any aftermarket issues that may arise. Support of inter-departmental and corporate process improvement initiatives (Lean 6 Sigma) is also expected.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering required, preferably and a minimum of 2 years of related experience (or the equivalent professional experience).
- The candidate should also have a working knowledge of special hazards fire suppression systems, turbomachinery systems, and a good understanding of the basic theory of industrial control systems applications, design, and operation including concepts of power generation, gas compressors and gas processes.
- Working knowledge of NFPA 72, 12 and 750 is a plus. Knowledge of NEC and ATEX/CENELEC area classifications and global pressure vessel code transportation requirements (DOT & TPED) is also highly desirable.
- Ability to create CAD drawings (AutoCAD) and 3d models (SolidWorks) is require. Expert / “super-user” level in Solidworks is highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, teaming skills coupled with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to write and communicate ideas clearly are absolutely essential.
- A sense of urgency and organizational skills are required to work with multiple projects simultaneously and competing project priorities.
- Personal skills include ability to work well with others, team spirit, flexibility with personal schedule to meet deadlines and support occasional business travel.
Local candidates will be given preference.
KEVTA Fire Systems offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and professional development/advancement opportunities.
KEVTA Fire Systems is an equal opportunity employer.
KEVTA Fire Systems conducts drug screens and background checks.