Location: Escondido, California USA
Employment Duration: Full Time
The Manufacturing Engineer is a leadership role for an engineer with strong interest in optimizing manufacturing process. This is a continuous improvement oriented role in a fast paced, highly dynamic production environment, and a world class Manufacturing Engineer should be constantly looking for ways to streamline how information and WIP flow throughout our operation. The General Role of the Manufacturing Engineer is to be the subject matter expert in prodution equipment, tooling, process, methodologies and best practices for the company, and produce defect-free ERP BOMs, routing / planning and CNC programming in a timely fashion.
The successful candidate will serve as critical liaison between engineering and production, translating engineering designs and manufacturing requirements, ERP BOMs, Routings and CNC programming. Duties may include development of tooling to error proof or optimize production processes, as well as overseeing integration of new equipment into production processes. The successful candidate must provide a high level of support, coordination, and communication to internal customers and suppliers. Support and leadership of inter-departmental and corporate process improvement initiatives (Lean 6 Sigma) is also expected.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Engineering required, preferably in Industrial Engineering, Industrial Technology of Operations Management and a minimum of 2 years of related experience (or the equivalent professional experience).
- The candidate should also have an in-depth knowledge of metal fabrication, machining, welding, coatings and assembly processes and be able to identify and implement best practices.
- Lean 6 Sigma Green Belt required, with strong preference for Black Belt or equivalent.
- Ability to create CAD drawings (AutoCAD) and 3D models (SolidWorks) is expected.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, teaming skills coupled with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to write and communicate ideas clearly are absolutely essential.
- A sense of urgency and organizational skills are required to work with multiple projects simultaneously and competing project priorities.
- Personal skills include ability to work well with others, team spirit, flexibility with personal schedule to meet deadlines and support occasional business travel.
Local candidates will be given preference.
KEVTA Fire Systems offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and professional development/advancement opportunities.
KEVTA Fire Systems is an equal opportunity employer.
KEVTA Fire Systems conducts drug screens and background checks.